Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Loudon Wainwright III and the Cohen brothers

Well, last night's margarita was very rough on me, which was a total surprise. I have never had a bad reaction to tequila. Now I am worried that the margarita Mondays may have to turn into beer nights, which will be very sad because, while I like beer, there has never been anything like the feeling I get from tequila. It's magic.

With an excruciating headache and chills, I found it impossible to get to sleep. This would not have been a big problem if I had not needed to go to work today. However, my assistant had a funeral to attend this morning, so calling in sick was not an option. The morning wasn't bad, but around 1:00 o'clock in the afternoon I crashed, and then nothing was good. I had to go to a meeting, and it was cold, and I was irritated by stuff we were discussing, and then I had to come home and fix dinner . . . all while being totally exhausted. I know that none of the things that were driving me so crazy this afternoon would have been such big deals if I had only been able to sleep in this morning. When I am retired, I'll be able to do that when needed.

Now you are asking yourself what does this have to do with Loudon Wainwright or the Cohen brothers? Well, after dinner The Big Lebowski was on TV and it is probably the funniest movie ever made. So, laughing at it put me in a great mood and reminded me of the truth of Loudon Wainwright's song, "Movies Are a Mother to Me." I may be watching a lot of movies this year!

3 comments:

  1. Blame it on the moon darlin'. It'll be full on Friday so I'm sure it's affecting you like it is me. There's a reason folks use the term lunatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of The Big Lebowski, I picked up a 6-7-10 split last night at league bowling. It was in the 10th frame of game 3 and helped us win the game. Whoooohoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of The Big Lebowski (again), maybe if the margaritas continue to be a problem, you could try White Russian Mondays. I know it's not as alliterative, but they're icy cold and creamy!

    ReplyDelete