Sunday, September 6, 2009

Going to the movies

Another thing I have been looking forward to in retirement is being able to go to movies during the day. There's something special about going to the movies when everyone else is at work. One time when I called in well and went to a movie, I was the only person in the theater! That was so cool. I've even thought that I'd get a job selling tickets at the theater up the street so I could see all of the movies for free.

I haven't been to as many movies in the past few years. It seems like when I was younger I would go to almost every movie when it came out. I don't know if it's just that I've been too busy, too poor, or just not as interested, but I don't go to the movies nearly as much as I used to. I do, however, make a point of seeing all of the major academy award nominated films so I can be prepared for my annual academy awards party.

But, I did take myself to a movie today, and it felt great. So, I'm thinking that, while I may not go to the movies as much when I retire as I used to think I would, I'll go when I need to, when I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment