Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wildest imagination

One of the movie lines I relate to most is from the 1966 film Morgan! when David Warner said, "nothing in this world lives up to my wildest imagination." So I'm sitting here thinking that I am planning to work through the end of this school year and then retire--something I have been imagining most of my adult life. Now that is a tad scary. I imagine that it will be wonderful; that I will have so much more energy; that I will be able to be more creative; that it will be one. adventure after another. It is especially scary because, not only have I imagined it, I talked about it often and now I am even baring my soul about it. So, what if it isn't as wonderful as I imagine it will be? It does appear that the odds are against that. But, since there isn't anyway for me to know for sure until I do it, I guess I'll just have to go for it!

1 comment:

  1. I love "Morgan!" (Now I want to go watch it again). But my favorite line is "Where's me ape? Where's me bloody ape?" The moral of which is that when you retire you should get a big gorilla suit and go create havoc like Morgan. Then how could help but be fulfilled in retirement?

    ReplyDelete