Saturday, August 22, 2009

Why I'm doing this blog.

Why am I writing this blog? I have literally been thinking about my retirement since my first day of full-time work, way back when. And not just once in a while, but every single day. My friends and family can attest to this. They have often heard me say of my weaving, writing, or myriad of other interests, "I'll be able to do that again when I retire." So, now I am facing what I hope is my last year of work. (I had been planning to retire this past June, and then the economy slammed into the dumpster.) I recognize, however, that my fate is, unfortunately, in the hands of corporate America and the whimpy Democratic Congress . . .
What do I hope to accomplish with this blog? It's a way for me to keep a journal of my final journey (don't you love alliteration?) to my goal, and maybe entertain my friends and family along the way. I'm sure this year will bring heightened anticipation, fear, questions, insight, and other feelings I can't for see. I was just going to keep a journal in the old-fashioned way, but then I saw the movie Julie & Julia and decide to try doing a blog about it. I'm going to try to write something at least once a day, but life could get in the way, and I do have a short attention span . . .


2 comments:

  1. COOL! I think about retiring too but I know I'll probably never get to; at least I can live vicariously through you :-) - Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that, but I'm looking forward to following the latest episode of your journey - final sounds, I don't know, just too final! Now I wonder who'll play your part when the big movie deal comes around...

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete