Saturday, December 5, 2009

King of the Road


To all my wonderful readers out there, sorry I've been absent for a while. First it was driving to Arizona and back, which is much too long a trip in one shot these days, especially at night when it is so dark and the road is mesmerizing. In my youth, in the summer, with the windows down it was truly enchanting driving through New Mexico in the middle of the night. But now that I am older, and it was colder and the windows were up, it felt more like we were running from alien beings. Elvis was the King of the road though. A King on doggie downers, but a King. And he finds Arizona a little strange--wondering just exactly where, without any grass in sight, he's supposed to relieve himself. But in the end, the road came through for him. He's looking forward to his return trip with Mr. Ed at Christmas!

It was a good trip, but when we got back I had to rest up for my big day of dental surgery. I don't remember the actual surgery, or much of that day. My mouth doesn't really hurt, but I can't believe how swollen my jaw is. It's been three days, and I still look like Dudley Do-Right! I'll probably scare everyone at work on Monday.

I know you have said I don't need to tie this in each time, but retirement remains a constant dilemma for me. . .

1 comment:

  1. King Elvis!
    Has a nice ring to it. And you are looking rather regal.

    ReplyDelete