Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Seinfeld saga is coming to an end

I go home tomorrow. No more playing bingo with the old folks for a while, though I finally won $25 yesterday, which was very exciting. I will also have to adjust to eating dinner later than 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. again, but that should be easy. Finally, I'll have to get back into watching sports rather than the cooking channel, but I like watching both. I will be able to watch more movies at home.

I have enjoyed this visit with my Mom, and she seems to be doing great. She really looks better than she has in a long time. Her eyesight is getting worse though, and that is very frustrating and scary for her. I really feel for her, but there isn't anything to be done about it. Of course I always feel a bit guilty about leaving her, but guilt seems to be a big part of families, at least for me. I just can't seem to get away from that catholic guilt thing.

I am very excited about seeing Mr. Edd and the King again! I miss them both a lot. They should be getting home a few hours after I do. I know it has just been a week, but it seems like forever! I did get my holiday newsletter finished, so I can get them printed out and in the mail by January 2, 2010. Did I say 2010? WOW.

I'm not looking forward to going back to work, but I'm not dreading it either. Well, actually, to some degree I am looking forward to it (maybe the aliens have done some experiments on me after all). This semester will go by fast, and I am determined to talk to my principal about retiring and coming back part-time next year. We'll see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment