Sunday, November 22, 2009

I Never Did Like Hash!

I had lunch with my beautiful friends, Bella and Renee the other day. Bella commented that I hadn't written on my blog for a few days. She said she checks it everyday, which was encouraging. She also told me that it didn't always have to be tied to the retiring thing; that my friends would be happy to get my general stream-of-consciousness. I've been thinking about that quite a bit since, and one of my thoughts has been that maybe I need to start worrying more about my friends! But, mostly I've been debating the whole thing in my mind. Should I keep it entirely about retiring? On the one hand, going rogue on it would be very freeing, easier, and maybe more real. On the other hand, part of why I wanted to do this blog was to get some focus and discipline to my writing. I definitely have fallen down in the discipline area, and while I still think about and talk about retirement every day, do you really want to hear me hash it over and over? For now, the little six-person (that's all I could fit) jury inside my brain is still hashing it out.

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I made the big time. Your stream-of-consciousness works for me. I enjoyed having lunch. Let's do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are always interesting and entertaining regardless of the subject of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should listen to Bella and Renee. You have a cool perspective on a lot of things and keeping it to one topic seems needlessly limiting. Except, please don't call it "going rogue." After all, Sarah wishes she could keep a record as interesting as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want it all. And I want you to write it after midnight. Those are always the best ramblings.

    ReplyDelete