Monday, December 21, 2009

Investing

A friend of mine gave me the book, Investing for Dummies, by Eric Tyson. At breakfast a few weeks ago I had mentioned how I did not have a clue how to go about it, so he gave me the book. What a great gift. I'm still reading the first chapter, but I am learning and I am enjoying it. Of course one thing I am learning is that I have absolutely no money to invest, but maybe it will give me incentive to quit spending what I have long enough to save some. I also have to hope I can keep the focus--not something I am particularly adept at doing. But, wouldn't it be cool if I could become competent in using investments to supplement my retirement income? I really don't want to feel like I can't spend any money on "extras" when I am retired. I don't think that would be worth it. And while I have been whittling away at my "wants and needs" the last few years, I am far from being spartan.

No comments:

Post a Comment