Sunday, January 31, 2010

Out of Retirement

It's been a month since I've written, so you may have given up on me, but I'm out of retirement--for now at least. Actually, I was going to write on New Year's day, especially after reading Ellen Goodman's fairwell column. She wrote about retirement as "the freedome to let go." I recommend you read it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/31/AR2009123101743.html As for me, I decided this week that I can't let go yet. Because of the economy, the work situation is too crazy right now, and I can't afford to not work, even ifJustify Full I'm collecting retirement pay. But, I'm OK with it. I have more energy these days, and if I can make real progress on the feng-shuiing this summer, I'll feel even better next year. It doesn't mean I won't be thinking about retirement every day. It just means I'll have more time to get it right.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link. I enjoyed the column. Unfortunately, I identified with the letting go aspect she is avoiding. Just last week I heard about a company that had unlimited leave time. This is where I want to work when I grow up. You need to work...the high schoolers need you. Make work work for you. Enjoy. Glad you're back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete