Monday, October 12, 2009

Head in sand

I had lunch with some dear friends from my former place of employment today. It was great to see them, and we ate at one of the old haunts, which made it extra special. In some ways I feel like we've grown up together, but I guess it's more like we've grown old together. The conversation, as it always does, turned to retirement. I love being able to talk to them and hear their plans, how they are preparing. I know I'm not nearly as prepared as they are, but I can't let that stop me. They both have a financial adviser. I decided years ago that I would never be able to do what that guy thought I should to be prepared, so I never went back--solved that problem. But, I am glad they are following his advice--maybe they'll take me in for a little while if I can't make it!

4 comments: