Sunday, October 18, 2009

Blocks, fears or excuses? That is the question. . .

In case you were wondering, writing is not easy. At times it is even painful. So, why continue? It's not like I'm getting paid to do this. I could retire from it at any time. I guess I think, or at least I hope, I am learning something. What I fear is that so far I have not learned much beyond that writing is difficult and can be painful. I hope, however, that if I can just keep it up long enough, I will have a writing epiphany. Wow, I long for that epiphany like Jack Kerouac longed for the road. (That one's for the book club.) And while I want to retire from work, I don't want to retire from learning. Quite the opposite--I want to retire from work so I can learn about the other things that interest me. So, as long as I think there is still a possibility of greater insight into either retirement or writing, I'll keep reaching for them.

And this isn't what I had planned to write about tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment