Saturday, June 11, 2011

Better than tequila

Well, I have a week of retirement behind me, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. The stress is gone; the anxiety is gone; the worries are gone; but the thrill is still very strong. This overriding sense of freedom and adventure is intoxicating. It's an amazing feeling. Maybe it is arrogant of me, but I truly do feel sorry for people who are not able to embrace their retirement in this way.

I haven't done anything in particular--I've purposely not. Instead I chose, except for keeping doctor's appointments, to make stream-of-consciousness rule my actions. (I always enjoyed it in literature, so why not try it in my life.) It worked beautifully, and seemed so appropriate for my first week of freedom.

Tomorrow my friends have arranged a Big Lebowski retirement party at a bowling alley for me. I can't wait to drink my first White Russian!

1 comment: