Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I like oysters

I hope actually being retired feels as good as being this close to retirement feels. If it does, the rest of my life is going to feel pretty danged good! I want to tell everybody at work who is unhappy about something or other (and let's face it, there is usually something to be unhappy about in any work place), "Hey, just retire, it won't matter anymore!" Retiring is an amazing elixir for the things that can drive one crazy at work. I see these things now and I think, "Eh, I'm sorry about how it will affect these people," but I don't have to be stressed about it. I've left jobs before, and it was always a great relief, but it didn't compare to this feeling. I feel now like my life is truly MY oyster. I will be as close as I will ever be to financial independence, and freedom to do what I want, when I want. And while my finances will limit me, I will compensate with my interests and imagination, which are pretty much boundless. So, I am very excited to see what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment